We create user experiences that engage, inform, and compel
New Spin Digital is a full-service user experience (UX) design consulting firm. We create highly usable websites and dynamic mobile apps.
What We Do
We combine proven user experience (UX) techniques, beautiful design, and advanced technology to deliver compelling web sites and apps that users and stakeholders love.
How We Help
We are experts at quickly designing simple solutions for complex information, seamlessly meshing user needs, business goals, and technical realities.
- The Real Reason Quirky Failed — Bolt Blog — Medium"building 50+ hardware products a year as a startup is the modern-day version of gluing feathers to your arms and flying. It may sound harsh but at nearly every step of the way, the loftiness of Quirky’s ambitions far outpaced the laws of physics." Tags: 4nsd
- Smartphone UI Design: Will Hexagonal Keys Be Any Better to Type On? - Core77"the typing interface is still wanting. That's why Blackberry is not only still around, but is planning to launch the Priv, with a slider interface and physical keyboard" Tags: 4nsd
- Quote: The fact that employees are now always reachable… – Signal v. Noise"The fact that employees are now always reachable eliminates what was once a natural barrier of sorts, the idea that work was something that happened during office hours or at the physical office. With no limits, work becomes like a football game where the whistle is never blown." Tags: 4nsd
- UX Hack: Lower Your Site’s Minimum Level of Commitment Websites and apps that ask too much of users are letting user engagement opportunities float away. Learn the definition of Minimum Level of Commitment (MLC) and what it means to the user experience on your website.
- How New Spin Digital Helped a Red-Hot Digital Agency Win a Lucrative $500K Deal With New Spin Digital on board, a big-name digital agency was able to say yes to a short, tiny project with a new client — one that eventually blossomed into a $500,000 deal. At risk: a highly-profitable long-term client. The problem: short-term people capacity. NSD fixed that problem.
- What Node.js Is and Why It Matters How will your next big web application “stack” up? Before any build, it’s vital to understand the application’s user and technical needs in order to recommend an appropriate framework that balances those needs against project timeframe and budget. Could Node.js be the right choice?
“You want a design team who has been tested? Well, I don’t think there are many whose work has been scrutinized so rigorously, and I doubt there are any who are better to work with.”
Director of Creative Media (former)
Massachusetts Health Connector